Hearts

Hearts

Sunday 27 November 2011

Cinema, tv, bibs and felt!

Hi there!


So I've been a bit lazy lately, or maybe just busy (wishful thinking...)! I have been doing some cross stitch, not much, but forgot to take a photo of one of them and now it's sold already =( So here's a photo of another one I've done a couple months ago:




Isn't it gorgeous? =) I looooved it.


So, since Red Hot Chili Peppers, there hasn't been much adventure filling my days. Home - work - home... But tomorrow I'm supposed to go to Winter Wonderland up in London! Last time I was there you could already feel a bit of Xmas around with the street Xmas lights up but it wasn't quite right yet. It was too soon anyway. This Winter Wonderland happens in Hyde Park (I didn't know that) and has a giant wheel (I'm sure you can't compare it to London Eye, though), circus, ice ring... It's supposed to be really cool! I'll take some photos and come back to you on that. Too bad the payment before Xmas was rubbish, can't spend much, won't have much fun.


The following weekend there's a Charles Dickens festival up in Rochester (not too far from where I live) and it's delightful for people like me who adore books, traditions and lifestyles from 200 years ago. Again, I'll come back to you on that, I'm really exited about it!


Speaking of 200 years lifestyles, I've rewatched a series that I absolutely love: Downton Abbey. If you're a Jane Austen fan I recomend this series, though it's from a different time, as is happens in the early 1900's and Austen is over a century older than that. In the first season you get to know a family with money who lives in an abbey in England and it surprisingly starts when Titanic sinks. I enjoyed the connection, I must say. And it must have been a big deal at the time as the Titanic left Southampton (south coast, again, not too far from here) and the majority of the people on board must have been english. Anyway, as the tragedy happens the family loses their heir and it starts a search for the next one, as the family only had girls and only a man can inherit. So if you think a rich family couldn't have much in their minds troubling them, think again. I found it so funny the idea that they didn't work and therefore were completely alienated to the word "Weekend" lol. Dame Maggie Smith plays a brilliant role, ever so good as an actress, always a pleasure to watch! Downton Abbey has a classification of 9.1 (!!!) in the IMDB. Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001749/
Ah, by the way, season two starts with the First World War and how the traditional family and the country adapt to such event. I can barely wait for season three.

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot! I went to watch Breaking Dawn the day after it was released. Sat beside a 11 year-old couple girls who wouldn't stop giggling everythime Bella and Edward kissed but, hey ho, the joys of going to a full cinema are precisely these. I adored the movie! To me this was the best one so far and I don't think Part 2 will be better, purely because all the best emotional parts are gone, with the wedding and the pregnancy over. I have to say they've done a brilliant job making Bella look ill and miserable. Movies are so much better with computer software! And Taylor was just good in the entire thing. I dare say he's becoming a good actor. After Water for Elephants (watch! it's brilliant) I got a different image of Robert Pattinson and started enjoying him as Edward, which I didn't before. If you get to read the books you get to understant Edward more as well and see that Robert does play it well, it's just that the movies don't let you see the real Edward, which is annoying.

From Edward to... Stefan! I'm sorry, I started on a subject I'm passionate about and now I can't stop! Let me just say this one thing...

Have you been watching the Vampire Diaries? Now there's another series I love. Anyway, the writer of the Vampire Diaries has another series of books which are being converted to tv series. It's called The Secret Circle, it's abouth teenage witches and it's good. Take a look and let me know what you think!


And from television back to my hobbies again. I have a felt project involving cows that is finaly taking form and soon I'll be able to show you some of it and how it's supposed to look like at the end. I took the idea from another blog which I'll indicate here as well. My allergies have been bothering me all week and I'm trying to stay away from cloth and felt as much as I can, but another set of requests will get me back to my cross stitch today. Two bibs to do, one to finish and an astral sign to finish as well. Let's see how far I get today. If I'm not called to any emergency at the hospital should be fine.


So that's me for today. Thanks for reading! xx

1 comment:

LPC said...

Downton Abbey's season 1 is just perfect! I'm looking forward for watching S03 :D