Hearts

Hearts

Thursday 13 October 2011

2nd post =P

Hi! So this week I watched two very good movies (well, actually three but The Island is from a few years back - and absolutely great btw) Midnight Paris and The Black Book (ZwartBoek - it's dutch). The first one is about a writer from our timeline who adores Paris, especially the 20's, and, one night, he finds himself a bit drunk and lost and, at midnight, a car passes by and invites him in, taking him to meet his idols (S. Fitzgerald, Pablo Picasso, Hemingway...). I really enjoyed it although I don't know the real history behind the characters of the story, so I think whoever knows their work better will love the movie so...get your hands on it! Worth it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1605783/
The Black Book is about a jewish young woman during WWII who loses her entire family in a horrible way and starts working for the resistance between the nazi people. This is based in a real story and I wish I knew how real it was as I really consider her a hero. I could never go through such sadness and humiliation and still get up and run, fight for life, for freedom. Two hours worth watching, I do think it's really good. It's from 2006, here's the IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389557/ .


Changing the subject, now that I am back from my holidays, I need to get my hands on my projects. Still have a few bibs ordered that I need to finish, and then will get cracking on my Xmas projects, which I'll be posting, of course. I also have a cow mobile thing to finish, got the felt cuts already done, only need to put them together, stuff them and sew! Here's a photo of my cow cuts and some of my craft materials. The others are in boxes, under the bed! I still don't have a lot but I'm slowly building up a craft room in my bedroom.






Here's also a photo of the bibs I brought from Portugal to get stitching =) And I owe little Bradley one for Xmas as I promissed. Will be posting pics.



Oh, and look what I found on ebay! Aren't they cute?? I just love ebay, you can find anything in there, from last technology to great little handmade stuff, full of love! I found these ones and couldn't resist =) still don't know what I'm gonna use them for but I'll find something I'm sure.


I buy most my craft materials from ebay or Hobbycraft, here's the link: http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/ . Somethings are a bit expensive but always good quality for what I can say. And I have one big store just 15min walking from home! How great is that?






To finalize for today, here's a picture from a lovely work I've done for a newborn baby back in 2009 while I was waiting to be placed in the UK. It's one of the works I'm most pround of and one of the loveliest ones. It was framed in the end with a beautiful result. You can see some fairies flying around a castle and a carriage; the newborn baby's information were included (name, D.O.B., height, weight, astrological sign...) as requested. And it should be in tones of pink! And so it was. It's adorable!




My charts for cross stitching I get mostly from the internet, I spend hours every now and again looking for stuff... Baby materials are obviously my favourites!


That's it for today. Bye! xx

2 comments:

Alailanible said...

I got here by clicking the "next blog button". :)

Que sorte ter logo aterrado num blog novinho em folha! :P

Bruxinhah said...

Ah, é muito simples mas espero que goste! Adorei o seu. Obrigada ;)