Hearts

Hearts

Monday 5 December 2011

More bibs, more movies!

Hello, folks!

Hope you had at least a weekend as nice as mine!  Promissed some photos so... here we go!

Winter Wonderland 28.11.11











(The first and last photos were actually taken near the London Eye, the others were taken at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.)

I have to say I enjoyed it veeeery much, mainly because some months have passed since I last saw Filipa, so it was very nice to be with her again. And it was really cool to meet a new portuguese adventurer too =)

The Winter Wonderland wasn't necessarily packed up but for a monday many people were around. We didn't see any circus or anything acting, which I would have enjoyed if we had a bit more time. After that we went through Piccadilly, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square and London Eye area to look for the Xmas lights, which were surprisingly rare in most places. Saving the tax money?

Last saturday I went to the mythical Charles Dickens Christmas Festival and Market. Loved it!!! The people dressed up, the carols, the street plays, the handmade crafts, the mulled wine and cider, chestnuts, the cupcakes (cupcakes!!!), winter hats (got myself one!) and soooooooooo much more! And the snow!!! Fake, but still. What a lovely lovely day! Thank you, Marion, for the company! I would have gone alone anyway but wouldn't be half as good. Oh, and the lovely indian food!! Amazing restaurant! (and cheap too!) Photos? Oh yeah, almost forgot =P



Ok, so this lovely place across the river Medway is Rochester, a small place full of history! It's got a more or less well preserved castle (which I kept promissing all summer I would visit and ended up not doing it) and this town is home to some places that inspired Charles Dickens, specialy the Poor Travellers House. I promissed myself I'd read all of Dickens stories but I haven't yet!! Do not trust my promisses =|












Doesn't it look nice? They had the Mistletoe Ball the night before but unfortunately it would be very expensive to attend as a last minute thing, so next year it will have to be very well planned indeed, don't want to miss a ball were I can dress up as a true lady, sweeping the floor with a long beautiful vintage dress!

Changing the subject, I fell in love with two movies and a serie these past two weeks. Won't talk about them much as it is late now, but will leave the sugestions.

First: One Day. What a lovely movie! The name doesn't sugest much but it makes sense when you watch it. The action takes place on July 15 but in several different years, so you have an idea of what the characters were doing in the same day, year after year. Quite an interesting idea to develop the romance. http://movies.nytimes.com/2011/08/19/movies/one-day-directed-by-lone-scherfig-review.html 

Second: The Help. Marvellous!! I absolutely adored it! It's funny, exciting, sad, very emotional... I wonder if the book is even better... as it often happens to be in other cases. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Help_(film

Third: A Gifted Man. Started watching this weekend and got hooked. The thing is, I love neurosurgery and the supernatural, and this series has a bit of both. Loving it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1820742/

Last! But no least. My crafts!




I'll leave you with a very well known video!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD5LdFgF5Ks&feature=fvwrel

Merry nearly Christmas!!!

2 comments:

LPC said...

Rica vida :P aproveita*

Bruxinhah said...

LOL isto n é assim todos os fins-de-semana!! Mas agr perto do natal ha tts coisas giras pa fazer... =)